Residents may be eligible for an interest-free rental
arrears or rental deposit loan if they:
- Live in Toronto with legal status in Canada
- Pay market rent for a rental unit covered by
the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA)
- Fall within the low-income household eligibility
- Are not currently in receipt of social
assistance such as Ontario Works (OW)
or Ontario Disability
Support Program (ODSP)*
- Can satisfy other Toronto Rent Bank Program
requirements, as required
Loan repayments can be deferred for up to 12 months.
Please call 416-397-RENT (7368) for more
information on how to apply. Operating hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30
a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Outside of operating hours, callers may leave a
message and a representative will call back.
*Residents in receipt of social assistance should
contact their Ontario Works or ODSP office
as they may qualify for the Housing Stabilization Fund.
offered by Neighbourhood Information Post and funded by
the City of Toronto.
Download: Rent Bank Flyer